The Trust Wallet offers a mobile wallet that can hold just about any cryptocurrency from tokens, to altcoins and bitcoin. In this review of Trust Wallet, we will be revealing the ups and downs of using this software wallet and how it compares to the many other wallets.
If you are trading cryptocurrencies or looking to hold some crypto then this wallet could be the one for you. It has a super easy interface that is simple enough for all levels to master in no time.
Software Crypto Wallets
A software wallet is installed on your devices as an app that is downloadable from the app store or their main website. These mobile wallets are great for trading on the go or from work/home. They are secure and offer 2FA as standard but because they are constantly connected to the web they have vulnerabilities and are not as secure when compared to hardware or external wallets.
- Not as secure as external/hardware crypto wallets
- 2FA as standard (fingerprint or face recognition)
- Great for trading on the go
Trust Wallet Breakdown
The Trust Wallet app provides you with a decentralized crypto wallet able to store countless types of cryptocurrencies. If you are interested in trading tokens then Trust Wallet supports BEP-20, ERC-20, ERC-223 and many more. If you are more interested in utilizing altcoins then this wallet app will hold any altcoin available.
Their Dapps section comes packed with other apps such as Pancakeswap, Sushiswap, Uniswap and many more. These apps are great for a variety of crypto and
- Stores any Altcoin and Bitcoins
- All tokens supported BEP-20, ERC-20 and many more
- Dapps to securely connect to other crypto trading apps
- Secure browser extension to keep your details private
Downloading The Trust Wallet App
The Trust Wallet crypto app is compatible with both IOS and Android devices. It’s free to use and download from the app store, once downloaded be sure to copy the recovery passphrase and keep it secure just in case you lose the device holding your wallet. This passphrase will retrieve your lost wallet and all the information and cryptocurrencies you previously held, just re-download the app, press the recover button and enter your passphrase.
- Only download from the official app store
- Never share your passphrase with ANYONE
- Secure your crypto wallet with a password and fingerprint
- Can be installed on both IOS and Android devices
- You do not need to provide KYC details
Security Warning: If you lose your passphrase you will never be able to gain access to lost cryptocurrencies if lost! If you share your passphrase you will also lose your crypto, never share your passphrase… EVER!
Trust Wallet Trading Features
We like to use Trust Wallet because everything you need is within the app interface, each cryptocurrency has graphs, prices and volumes. It pulls this information from Coinmarketcap so it’s up to date and virtually real-time depending on your devices internet connection. You can set up alerts for your favourite crypto so you do not miss out on buying low or selling high depending on your crypto trading plan.
- Receive real-time alerts to your device
- View the latest graphs, volumes and previous data
- Great for day traders looking for low buy and high sells
- No subscription or download fees (totally free to use)
Trust Wallet – Always Connected To The Web!
Yes, the Trust Wallet app is constantly connected to the web, which could be classed as a vulnerability. Although the app does boast private keys stored off servers so no one can hack your wallet. The issue you will have is if you hold a lot of cryptos and a scammer searches your wallet address they will see all the crypto you hold.
This will attract attention depending on the volumes held in this wallet. If you are planning to hold long term then we would advise you to move away and hold in an external wallet that can be disconnected from the web and held in a vault or safe.
- This wallet is for short term holding and trading
- Never hold large volumes of crypto for all to see
- Move any big bags of crypto to an external wallet
- Planning on hodling for long periods, transfer to cold storage
- Store your external/cold wallet somewhere safe once transferred
Trust Wallet Support
Another great feature within the app is their FAQ and support system. Most issues are covered in their FAQ, but if something goes wrong or you are having trouble finding your crypto then open a ticket. Trust Wallet support is quick and professional, they also know what they are doing, unlike many other crypto support services. Just head over to the setting at the bottom of the app and go to the help centre.
- ONLY use their app for support, never ask on social media
- There are many chancers on the web that will ask for your passphrase
- No one needs to know your passphrase to help you correct an issue
The Breakdown Review
- Created back in 2017
- Store, trade and swap ALL cryptocurrencies
- Good for short term holding
- Currently the most secure mobile crypto wallet
- Our trust score 4/5
Latest Trust Wallet User reviews
Great wallet and I have been experimenting for a few weeks now, at first I thought I have lost the crypto token I purchased through Pancakeswap but realized you have to manually add the token for my crypto to show in the app. This was the only disaster moment I had when using Trust Wallet.
So if anyone buys crypto through Pancakeswap, Uniswap or Sushiswap then be sure to add the crypto manually if it’s not featured in the search tool section. Apart from this, I will continue to use Trust Wallet as my main source of swapping and trading of various crypto types.Trust Wallet Review submitted by Keith, Cambs
Conclucsion – Trust Wallet review
The Trust Wallet app is a brainer, it’s simple and easy to understand for beginners. If your day trading, swapping cryptos such as altcoins or tokens then the Trust Wallet app is currently the best option. It’s secure, but never hold a large amount of crypto in a software wallet because you are inviting trouble so be sure to hold offline.
We have never had any issues with Trust Wallet and have been using them for a few years now. if you are looking for a crypto wallet that is accessible anywhere, decentralized and secure then Trust Wallet should be your number first option.
Trust Wallet Review Or Feedback?
We love hearing from our readers, especially when it comes to crypto wallets. If you have ever used trust wallet and would like to submit a review or feedback then contact us or use the comment section below. Good or bad we want to know your thoughts and experiences!